We are looking for truck drivers at both our St. Marys and Perry locations.
Summary: Delivery of goods and services to an agricultural customer base using a company delivery truck. Candidate will also be required to drive a forklift and assist with other warehouse duties, including mechanics, and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive company trucks to job sights and customer delivery locations in a professional and timely manner
- Perform accurate loading and unloading operations of agricultural products and services as required
- Assist machine applicators in the loading of crop protection and crop nutrient products. Perform tendering duties properly and in accordance with job orders and delivery tickets.
- Support machine operators with ensuring proper functionality of the application equipment and assist with any field repairs as necessary.
- Operate and maintain tendering equipment properly and in accordance with manufacture’s maintenance manuals and operator manuals. Monitor equipment for any fluid leaks. Report maintenance and repair needs to company mechanic.
- Assist machine operators with mixing of fertilizer and chemicals properly, accurately and in accordance with quality and safety standards.
- Maintain and submit accurate scale tickets and required paperwork to applicators and customers.
- Maintain working knowledge of tanks, pumps and valves of tender equipment.
- Fill out daily log form records completely and accurately per ICC regulations, perform pre-trip inspections in accordance with DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Report any possible misapplication problems to Operations Manager.
- Ensure customers and company personnel are informed of safe product handling procedures where necessary. Refer all customer or citizen concerns to Operations Manager.
- Attend training meetings as requested.
- Maintain facilities, equipment, and warehouse as assigned. Report any unsafe working conditions to Operations Manager.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the job and individual situations
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Must meet minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- High school diploma or GED
- Class A CDL and the ability to maintain
- Fork lift driver certification
- Knowledge / experience of agricultural equipment and operations
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Consistently positive attitude and outlook
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Two years commercial driving experience
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Applicator’s Certification License.
- Farming background
Please complete the application on this page or email your application/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.